Monday, March 8, 2010

Fed up.... all the way to 327 pounds.

Hello to whomever chooses to read this blog.

Well, here I go with my very first blog entry. I decided to create this blog as a way to help motivate myself to finally lose the weight.

I am 36 years old and have been overweight my entire life. I was 160 pounds at the age of 11. I remember this because in gym class we all had to, one by one, get up in front of the class and weigh in. It was just so that we could be divided into weight classes for the next couple of weeks for wrestling. I was embarrassed. God that was 25years ago... Is this really where I'm going to start this blog? Yes, I guess it is.

I always new I was bigger than my friends, that was obvious. I just did not realize how much bigger I was until that day. I can remember one of my friends coming up behind me, putting his head on my shoulder and looking down he said: "Marcus can still see his feet!" It's amazing how you remember these stupid little moments. I guess it was good that I could "still see my feet" but it was probably bad that my buddy had to check.

Okay enough with the past lets get on with the present. That is partly what this blog is all about. To move forward, to be accountable for each day and to ultimately be as healthy and happy as I can be.

Today I weighed in at 327 pounds at a height of 5'10..... after I wrote that I just stared at it for a minute. How did I get here, how did I get all the way to 327? Well I know how and so does everybody else, I eat too much and do not exercise... duh. Pizza, chicken wings, nachos, chocolate, I love it all and in mass quantities.

So I have a plan to lose this weight that starts the second I submit this first blog entry. No more saying I'm going to do it only not to start at all, no more quitting after a few days, I'm talking commitment here folks. I know it's not going to be easy but I have to change, the alternative is unacceptable. I like that word right now, UNACCEPTABLE! I will not accept anything other than success.

Here is my Plan:

  • Eat 5 to 6 smaller meals a day.
  • Exercise every other day before work
  • Get plenty of sleep and rest
  • No junk food, no fast food
  • Cook my own healthy meals
Well thats a basic look at my plan, a good start I'd say.

I guess I should define some goals:

  • To lose 2 - 3 pounds per week
  • Ultimate goal is to lose 120 pounds (that would make me 207 pounds)
Okay. This is getting a little long winded for a first blog. Hopefully this will ultimately keep me accountable and inspired, I need the help. I will keep this blog brutally honest. First let me be clear "Marcus" is a pseudonym, I guess 25 years later I am still embarrassed to let people know how much I weigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment