Monday, July 19, 2010

Going the wrong way

That's what the scale is doing... Going the wrong way....

I've gained weight in back to back weeks now. What can I do? I'm sure most of it is just water but it's killing me to see these numbers going up instead of down. I am up 4 more pounds this week. Since hurting my back I've gained 7 pounds over the last 2 weigh ins.

Now for some good news. When I woke up Sunday morning my back didn't hurt at all! I have had pain 24/7 until this moment. I lay there in my bed cautiously optimistic, slowly I slid out of bed and stood up.... No pain! I walked around the house in complete amazement, walked up and down the stairs.... No pain! My happiness was matched by my confusion, how could this be?

I didn't push my luck and try anything crazy, I was just happy to be able to move without pain. After about an hour the pain slowly crept back until my back felt just as bad as it did yesterday. While it sucks that the pain didn't stay away I am so happy for one big reason. Because the pain went away for a short time I now know that my injury is getting better and that there is a good possibility of a future without a back pain issue. That is something that has bothered me a lot over the last couple of weeks, thinking that I might have to live with the pain indefinitely.

For now I'm just hoping to feel that blissful freedom again tomorrow morning.

MM

3 comments:

  1. That is great news...some pain-free time. You will be back up to speed in no time. I wouldn't worry to much about the weight. Small consequence for a tragic accident. You will burn that weight off in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. It will get better. Remember to drink your water while you're not able to exercise. You'll be able to get going again. Even a short time w/o pain is a great sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the above, Marcus. Keep your spirits up. Your body will heal and you will make your goal.

    ReplyDelete